What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newby Questions

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
I'm moving my books from my laptop to iPad using Dropbox.
It's working well but a couple of questions.
If I delete the file from the iPad dropbox will that delete the book from iBooks? If not does that mean there are two identical files on the iPad?
How do I get Mobi/Kindle books into iBooks? I like the format better than the one that comes with the Kindle app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you mark a file as a favorite in the DropBox app it is not permanently stored on the iPad.

When you use Open In to copy a file from DropBox to iBooks, a copy of the file is made. Deleting the source file from DropBox will not delete it from iBooks.

You can not copy files from Mobi and Kindle to iBooks. They use different file formats. If the books are DRM free (not copy protected) you can use a computer program (like Calibre) to convert to ePub; the format iBooks uses.

Most ebooks that are not public domain have DRM (copy protection). That includes pretty much anything you buy from the main ebooks stores like Amazon, iBooks, Barns and Noble, etc. Most of the public domain books are available for free in all the stores, which makes converting them pretty much a waste of time.

OP
sceadugenga

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
Unless you mark a file as a favorite in the DropBox app it is not permanently stored on the iPad.

Ok, thanks..... so that's where those files disappeared to.

Most reactions

Latest posts