What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New User Ipad Button query

Andy235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently aquired my sons Ipad 2 that had a damaged screen i got the screen repaired at a local stockist did not go to apple (maybe a mistake) and have a problem. The volume buttons on the right hand side the up don do not work at all although i can still use the main volume control to adjust it for game and music vidoes plays fine.

The button on top right to lock it does not work at all, although when it has the lock if not in use for 2 mins activated it still works that way.

The dilemma i have is i am worried if it runs out of pwer how i can turn it on as the menu button big one at bottom and the lok dont respond when pressed to turn it on or off????

Am very confused is it a glitch or is ot something the shop have done when they repaired the screen i have had it back a week and its been fine....Any help would be appreciated.

PS the lock wont hold down to tu the device off either..

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andy235 said:
I recently aquired my sons Ipad 2 that had a damaged screen i got the screen repaired at a local stockist did not go to apple (maybe a mistake) and have a problem. The volume buttons on the right hand side the up don do not work at all although i can still use the main volume control to adjust it for game and music vidoes plays fine.

The button on top right to lock it does not work at all, although when it has the lock if not in use for 2 mins activated it still works that way.

The dilemma i have is i am worried if it runs out of pwer how i can turn it on as the menu button big one at bottom and the lok dont respond when pressed to turn it on or off????

Am very confused is it a glitch or is ot something the shop have done when they repaired the screen i have had it back a week and its been fine....Any help would be appreciated.

PS the lock wont hold down to tu the device off either..

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. I am a little unsure which buttons work and which don't...so do this... Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch, and turn Assistive touch 'on'. You will now have a virtual Home button on screen which will do most of the operations that the physical buttons do. You can move the virtual button to a position that suits you by dragging it to any position. Play around with it and maybe you will manage to do everything you need. BTW, yes the screen repair shop must have screwed up the buttons.

OP
A

Andy235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. I am a little unsure which buttons work and which don't...so do this... Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch, and turn Assistive touch 'on'. You will now have a virtual Home button on screen which will do most of the operations that the physical buttons do. You can move the virtual button to a position that suits you by dragging it to any position. Play around with it and maybe you will manage to do everything you need. BTW, yes the screen repair shop must have screwed up the buttons.

THnaks for the quick reply the home button works fine but that method may be useful if i cant resolve the probs.....Going to take it into the shop today and say they have messedthe buttons up and see what they say....The volume up/down not working i can live with but the lock button is a pain for when you want to turn it on off etc maybe they have damaged the screen sensors but i will let you know how i get on

andy

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andy235 said:
THnaks for the quick reply the home button works fine but that method may be useful if i cant resolve the probs.....Going to take it into the shop today and say they have messedthe buttons up and see what they say....The volume up/down not working i can live with but the lock button is a pain for when you want to turn it on off etc maybe they have damaged the screen sensors but i will let you know how i get on

andy

Glad to be able to help.....hope the repair shop comes through and fixes it correctly.

OP
A

Andy235

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JUst to let you know went into the shop yesterday the day i knew the owner was in very helpful guy not funny in the slightest said the ribbon underneath the screen not been fixed properly and he will sort it i get it back on monday (fingers crossed)

Most reactions