What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New (used) iPad Pro restore problem.

DocMark1711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a one year old iPad Pro 256 gig, M2 chip, 12.9. I'd already backed up my old gen2 iPad pro to iCloud and started the restoration process. It quit after only downloading almost all of my Procreate digital painting files and then quit! I can't find any way to restart the iCloud restoration process. Nothing I've tried have worked. Any ideas?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just bought a one year old iPad Pro 256 gig, M2 chip, 12.9. I'd already backed up my old gen2 iPad pro to iCloud and started the restoration process. It quit after only downloading almost all of my Procreate digital painting files and then quit! I can't find any way to restart the iCloud restoration process. Nothing I've tried have worked. Any ideas?
Have you tried to force the iPad to restart? Press and quickly release the volume button closest to the top button. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button until the device restarts.

OP
D

DocMark1711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to force the iPad to restart? Press and quickly release the volume button closest to the top button. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button until the device restarts.
Thanks for the info. I gave up and drove a 3 hour round trip to my nearest Apple Store and they fixed the problem. Everything is now loaded on the newer iPad Pro and I'm a happy camper!

Most reactions

Latest posts