What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum, I am looking forward to learn and contribute to the forum

ExcgsyA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad for about 6 months and I have enjoyed the device very much, I am a computer consultant in Legacy Systems.
I use the iPad as an eBook reader and I have like 40 mainframe manuals so at alone has made this device worth the money.
I recently got GarageBand for the iPad and I think is a great application, I would like to learn more on the overall use of the iPad and specifically on GarageBand.
I am learning the android system because of java for my job, and I love the possibilities it has.
I like to learn to program the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad but apple charges a bit much for things, and as a developer I like the open systems initiative, this is in no way to put down the apple development environment is just that I can not afford it now.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad for about 6 months and I have enjoyed the device very much, I am a computer consultant in Legacy Systems.
I use the iPad as an eBook reader and I have like 40 mainframe manuals so at alone has made this device worth the money.
I recently got GarageBand for the iPad and I think is a great application, I would like to learn more on the overall use of the iPad and specifically on GarageBand.
I am learning the android system because of java for my job, and I love the possibilities it has.
I like to learn to program the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad but apple charges a bit much for things, and as a developer I like the open systems initiative, this is in no way to put down the apple development environment is just that I can not afford it now.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

If you want to learn to program the iPad for free go to 'iTunes' on your iPad, click 'iTunes U' at the bottom right hand side, select 'Universities and Colleges', scroll to 'Stanford' then scroll right until you come across a two part, 25 lectures per part, lecture course on how to program apps for the iPad. It's free.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! Yeah, the entry for programming for iOS is $99 plus a Mac. I you don't have a max, then it can get pricey to get started. Also, the programming language is sometimes a bit archaic. For me, it was worth it, I've been honing my skills and tuning my app ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts