What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ipad, video help?

haymitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new to ipad! I have a new ipad running 6.0.1. I have quite a large movie collection on my computer. Most of my movies n my pc are mp4 720p/1080p. I want to transfer some of these movies onto my ipad. How do I do this? Do I need to convert them, then just drag and drop into itunes library? If so, what converter, free preferably. Do I need to do something else? Please help!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake will do the job you want at the price you are willing to pay. Get the movies into mpeg4 format or MPEG-4 (.mp4) videos are the preferred format.
Other formats supported are:

.m4v
.mp4
.mov

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new to ipad! I have a new ipad running 6.0.1. I have quite a large movie collection on my computer. Most of my movies n my pc are mp4 720p/1080p. I want to transfer some of these movies onto my ipad. How do I do this? Do I need to convert them, then just drag and drop into itunes library? If so, what converter, free preferably. Do I need to do something else? Please help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If they are already in mp4 format no conversion necessary. In iTunes just add the directory you have the movies in to your library. On a Mac you would go up to the iTunes menu on top left of screen click add to library browse to the location and select.

Most reactions

Latest posts