What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forums and iPad. Have questions and need help.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm brand new (joined today) and can only seem to reply to posts, not ask my own. I'm not Novakingwai, I'm chezlong and have a question about formulas on Numbers
Hi chezlong and welcome to the forum. Just tap on "Forums" up top, choose which forum you want to make a post in, and when that forum opens then tap on "Post New Thread" to start your own question/conversation.
Enjoy the forum, Andrew

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to save the app file, transfer it, then reinstall? In Android you can save an app as a .apk, move it around, and just move it to your device to install it. Can you do that on iOS?

A method to install apps yes. As for packaging, unless you're deriving them from your iTunes cache folder on your computer, there are no other supported means of obtaining IPAs on this forum or any affiliated forums. On the assumption that you're attempting to install apps that you've purchased from the AppStore through the IPA format on your device, you can use IPA Installer. Note that the only use of this utility is for applications that you've purchased. You CANNOT install cracked applications with this utility as it is, nor do we condone any illegal activities of such kind.

The purpose of IPA Installer is for some developers to have access to access to an IPA installer without having to use iTunes as a medium or the SDK, NOT for piracy means. Not saying that you're attempting to use it as a equivalent means of Android APK sideloading, but just pitching it out there that this utility has legitimate purposes that many pirates abuse (or attempt to abuse) heavily. It's available on the stock BigBoss Repo to be used for a legitimate cause/purpose.

As for packing the app back into an IPA, there are no public utilities to do so as that's an infringement against many of the DMCA and Copyright policies out there for tampering with licensed work, so at best, you can install the purchased IPA, but not re-IPA them for later use without an SDK and explicit consent from the developers.

Most reactions

Latest posts