What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New person intro

Andrew Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody, I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I am the possessor of a 6gen 12.1.4 iPad and am constantly thrilled with the variety of stuff I can do on my magic little box. I have been thinking of upgrading to a larger iPad Pro and wondered if anyone had any advice. Is it worth upgrading or can my existing model do all the pro stuff if I tweak it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Andrew Johnson!
The 6th generation iPad can be used by the Apple Pencil, the first non Pro model to do so.
ipadipadprocomparisonchart-800x538.png

Here's a comparison between the 6th generation iPad and the 10.7" iPad Pro. New Sixth-Generation iPad vs. 10.5-Inch iPad Pro

OP
Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your information. Really cool to know good, unbiased advice is available. Cheers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The two biggest advantages to the iPad Pro (especially the larger ones) are extended multitasking and you can fit more on a single screen. They are also faster, so they will run the more demanding apps with ease.

Oh, and the Pencil. The Pencil is great. Keeing in mind you can get the first generation Pencil with the newest 9.7” iPad.

The main disadvantages are cost and decreased holdability (the 12.9” iPad Pro tends to spend a lot of time on the table; laptop like).

Note: I’m using the 12.9” iPad Pro right now, at Subways. I doubt anyone watching me realizes it’s not a laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts