What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all this is my first time using this app,but I hope someone can help .I bought the new iPad and since I downloaded the
latest version of iTunes my iPhone or iPad will no longer sync I have been to the genius bar and tried everything they
suggested ,but as I have a pc there help was kind of limited.I have uninstalled and reinstalled I tunes numerous times but still no luck. The pc recognises my devices as it charges them but they don't show up on I tunes at all

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all this is my first time using this app,but I hope someone can help .I bought the new iPad and since I downloaded the
latest version of iTunes my iPhone or iPad will no longer sync I have been to the genius bar and tried everything they
suggested ,but as I have a pc there help was kind of limited.I have uninstalled and reinstalled I tunes numerous times but still no luck. The pc recognises my devices as it charges them but they don't show up on I tunes at all
did you try doing a hard reset on both devices?

OP
L

lil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I have thanks ,also have problems opening I tunes on since I updated

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I have thanks ,also have problems opening I tunes on since I updated

Hi Lil - welcome to the forum! :)

First, please clarify 'how' you performed the 'hard reset' on your devices; requires pressing the ON-OFF & Home buttons simultaneously - just confirming?

Second, if your devices do not appear in the left panel of iTunes when attached, then the AMDS (Apple Mobile Device Service) may need to be restarted - check HERE for an explanation and a solution - may not be the issue but worth checking; I've had to restart this service on my VISTA laptop several times.

Good luck & please post back your results - :thumbs:

OP
L

lil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I reset the way you have explained , will try resetting mobile device ( although have dine this before) fingers crossed

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you have been able to resolve your issue ;)...

OP
L

lil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys ,
Just to say thanks for all the advice,and to say that my iPad now successfully syncs with my iTunes ,the problem seems to have resolved itself ,after many weeks .

Most reactions