What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dugy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member to the forum and am having problems with my ipad 1. Facebook app was updated yesterday (30 Jan) and now will not open, just goes to white screen and then back to desktop, I have unistalled and reinstalled several times, but still does not work. I have also cleared all of the history and closed all open applications. I can open facebook via Safari. Prior to this update, facebook app was working fine. (It works fine on my 4g phone).
Apologies if this should not have been put on this part of the forum. Can anyone assist? :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you tried to uninstall / reinstall the app in question?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member to the forum and am having problems with my ipad 1. Facebook app was updated yesterday (30 Jan) and now will not open, just goes to white screen and then back to desktop, I have unistalled and reinstalled several times, but still does not work. I have also cleared all of the history and closed all open applications. I can open facebook via Safari. Prior to this update, facebook app was working fine. (It works fine on my 4g phone).
Apologies if this should not have been put on this part of the forum. Can anyone assist? :)

Welcome to the forum. While I am not a FB user myself I just check in the app store and looked at the FB app and more importantly the reveiws. Since the update yesterday it seems there are many people having your same issue. Sounds like some were able to get it to work for a bit but it would constantly crash after. Hopefully they update it for you all soon.

Most reactions