What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Intro

terrclymac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am Terry, a college student purchasing an iPad soon - deciding between a 16 and a 32. Will be using primarily to take notes in classes, and thereby reducing the wear and tear on my old MacBook Pro. Interested in audio recording class lectures and planning on using Pages to take my keyed in notes, but am willing to consider other Notes Applications. Would very much appreciate recommendations you might have. I plan on using Apple's Wireless Bluetooth keyboard for text input.

Thank you for your time.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from a little further south of you!

I use the Voice Memos app! Works great for data capture in audio form.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome Terry! You may find you "need" that Macbook Pro less and less. I have thought of getting a BT keyboard, but after a month find I can type pretty good with the on screen keyboard. If I were doing massive amounts of text input, I would get one. But for emails, quick notes, forum posts....etc.... After you get used to it the on screen is fine...

Look forward to reading more post from you!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome here from Asia, i also use voice memo and he work fine at all concerning the memory size i will suggest you to buy 32 if it’s 64 you will see you will eat memory fast with app’s song doc maybe video … i have got a wifi 32 , but i have order my 3G in 64 after two weeks use

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am Terry, a college student purchasing an iPad soon - deciding between a 16 and a 32. Will be using primarily to take notes in classes, and thereby reducing the wear and tear on my old MacBook Pro. Interested in audio recording class lectures and planning on using Pages to take my keyed in notes, but am willing to consider other Notes Applications. Would very much appreciate recommendations you might have. I plan on using Apple's Wireless Bluetooth keyboard for text input.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome Terry, I went with the 32. I was going to buy the 16, once I arrived at the store I negotiated with myself while standing in line and sold myself to go bigger or go home. I also use drop box and MobileMe for more storage. When I considered the 100.00 I decided bigger was better. Good luck

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts