What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad2 only shows USB w/arrow

mike42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought new iPad2 only shows USB conn w/arrow. Followed instructions about going to iTunes downloading with iPad2 connected everything appeared to work. Followed further instructions to authorized tried but said server was busy try later. Tried several times yesterday, same results. Tried again today still busy. Still looking at new iPad2 with nothing but an USB on screen ... so what else can this do?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe the server is busy, what restaurant are you trying.

what computer do you have?

are you using the latest iTunes available?

maybe iTunes is not recognizing the device and just giving a server busy.

try this: hold top and circle button together for 10-15 secs, and try again when the iPad shows the usb to iTunes.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me when I first bought mine. I had to update to the latest ver of Itunes before it would see my ipad.

So if you have not done so yet update your Itunes

OP
M

mike42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info but the correct answer was I just needed to let it charge up overnight. Got on to iTunes and everything worked fine. A little note note from Apple would have been nice. Thanks again to all.:)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info but the correct answer was I just needed to let it charge up overnight. Got on to iTunes and everything worked fine. A little note note from Apple would have been nice. Thanks again to all.:)

thats strange, when i got the iPad 2, i didn't take it out of the box till maybe 2 months later and the battery was still fully charged(prob 95%).

good that you are up and running.

use the search tab on this forum for anything you wanna know, prob already asked and answered.

Most reactions

Latest posts