What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad 2 owner

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I ordered the ipad 2 32 GB wifi and it will arrive next week. My wife has an iphone 4 and I have the iphone 3 Gs. I got the iphone about a month before the iphone 4 came out when my windows based smartphone died and my wife refused to let me go for a month without a cell phone until the iphone 4 came out. I've had a chance to try out the original ipad on several occasions and when the ipad 2 came out, I knew it was time for me to get one. I'm excited and can't wait for it toarrive.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!
Is that December 1, 1965? wild guess. ;)

I love guessing :)
welcome to the forum!

OP
scubadiver12165

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
Hi there!
Is that December 1, 1965? wild guess. ;)

I love guessing :)
welcome to the forum!

LOL

Good guess. Yes, I'm an old fart and I love scuba diving. Got into it a few years ago and loving it. I wish I got into it years earlier.

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome Scubadiver Dec 1, 1965.. congrats on the iPad - I KNOW you are excited. One of the guys that works with me left work early headed to the Apple store to get one (they told him they had some). I am excited for him as well!! You have a good start finding this forum - a great place for information and help. Again, welcome!!

Chiky

OP
scubadiver12165

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the iPad instead of attempting to pick one up at the stores because they get sold out faster than the speeding bullet in my area. I also wanted to get the engraving done. It took a bit longer than expected, but I can't complain. I love finding out new features and follow up on this forum for people's recommendation and what they like or don't like.

The iPad is to be used mainly for my diving hobby. However, my 5 year old daughter laid claim to it as soon as she saw it. Looks like I'll have to share my toy with her until I can convince my wife into letting me have another one of my own. I think I'll have a better chance of wining the lottery than for that to happen.

HerbalTBag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the iPad instead of attempting to pick one up at the stores because they get sold out faster than the speeding bullet in my area. I also wanted to get the engraving done. It took a bit longer than expected, but I can't complain. I love finding out new features and follow up on this forum for people's recommendation and what they like or don't like.

The iPad is to be used mainly for my diving hobby. However, my 5 year old daughter laid claim to it as soon as she saw it. Looks like I'll have to share my toy with her until I can convince my wife into letting me have another one of my own. I think I'll have a better chance of wining the lottery than for that to happen.

Good thinking on ordering it. I had to order mine because no one within 50 miles had one unless you wanted the 3G 64gb. It was definitely worth the wait and I love my iPad 2 I hope you enjoy yours as well.

Most reactions