What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new guy

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
found it at Best Buy. I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Offer Varies in Store
Free 6 Months of Internet Security Protection
when you buy a tablet or iPad®
Protect your new device from online threats right from the start with a free 6-month subscription of Internet security software.

Offer varies in store. Excludes packages and Marketplace items. Software may ship separately. tablet or iPad and add it to your cart.
  • The software will be automatically added as well.
Sounds like Best Buy is trying to make some extra bucks from anyone who purchases an iPad. You'd be wasting your money if you purchased this protection. There are currently no viruses in the wild that can infect an iPad. The app based operating system and app sandboxing make it impossible for a conventional virus that can infect a Windows computer from infecting an iOS device.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's general Internet security software, in this case Titanium Internet Security license for use on 3 devices, i.e. PC, Mac, Android, etc.

It does not come pre-installed, rather a license code for use on the devices you choose to add it to.

In regards to the iPad, there is no such beast. It's just a cheap value-add-on for your purchase to make it look like you get more for your money. Handy if you have a PC or Mac that requires security software.

Most reactions

Latest posts