What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problems - at a loss what to do

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air (had it about 2 years) and recently the battery has been draining really fast but not only that, when I plug it in to charge it is suddenly draining to 0% and obviously shutting down.

It is not the cable, I have tried 3 with the same result.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

OP
darkangelwitch

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, tried that too.

I just downloaded a couple of battery diagnostic tools and they all say my battery is basically knackered I will admit I use my iPad LOTS - haven't used the PC for years - I prefer my iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, tried that too.

I just downloaded a couple of battery diagnostic tools and they all say my battery is basically knackered I will admit I use my iPad LOTS - haven't used the PC for years - I prefer my iPad.
If you live close enough to an Apple store, the Genius Bar can run a full diagnostic to verify the state of the battery. Apple also has a battery replacement fee that's under $100.00.

Most reactions

Latest posts