What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Arrival Louis Vuitton iPad Case

lili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now i read a blog which LV Outlet luxury, i share a iPad Accessories

" Just as how LV was the first luxury label to debut an Apple iPod case back in the day, the French leathergoods and ready-to-wear house has rolled out a special case designed for the iPad. While it’s almost the price of the iPad itself, for those who work in the fashion or entertainment industries, it’s a small price to pay for a stylish yet durable cover. I have a lot of friends who own iPads, and they all complain that the standard cover is ugly, leaves fingerprints and dirt smudges. These ladies and gents tote their iPads in their designer bags and briefcases; it’s only fitting that they have something equally as stylish to house a tool that they will undoubtedly use a lot of in the presence of others. Granted, I don’t recommend buying one if you can’t afford it–I would hope that’s obvious. Available in classic Monogram or the masculine Damier Graphite, each case is scratch resistant. The iPad slips right out from on top to prevent accidental spills. If quality mixed in with some ostentatious style is your cup of tea, then this is worth your consideration. Available at Louis Vuitton boutiques or 866-VUITTON for $390."

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The people who will purchase a LV case will not care what it costs and probably can't tell you what their iPad cost either... They care about the brand first and foremost. I bet they sell thousands of them too...

-t

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Vaja Agenda case with custom colors. With shipping it ran $250 and I actually like it. The colors are not as bright as the website but it still looks fantastic. I'll buy another one when the iPad3 comes to market.

JAILBIRD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personaly wouldn't buy anything with a LV name on it. (or Coach, D&G, etc.) I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product, but most of the "big names" started with a good product and then lowered quality as their name created an anchor hold in the marketplace.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personaly wouldn't buy anything with a LV name on it. (or Coach, D&G, etc.) I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product, but most of the "big names" started with a good product and then lowered quality as their name created an anchor hold in the marketplace.

The problem with "brands" is that you're paying for the label and/or marketing (e.g. expensive celebrity endorsements), and not always for the quality or workmanship of the product itself. In other words, if you choose to carry a LV or Kate Spade or D&G product around, a great deal of the cachet is in being seen carrying and using the item.

On the other hand, there are other vendors which, although not exactly household names, do produce quality items at premium prices - for example, Oberon Design or Saddleback Leather, both of which make absolutely first-class iPad cases made from top quality leather.

(In fact, because full-grain leather isn't as "shiny" but more of a semi-gloss, many premium brands make their leather goods from more inferior hides which have been coated over to make them look slick - so not only are you paying extra for the brand, you're getting a poorer quality product on top of it.)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Branding is everything... for some people.

More expensive has never automatically meant better quality.

-t

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But if you buy expensive often all you get is expensive, not better quality.

-t

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm amused by all the people saying you're overpaying on something that's just a glorified brand, that the price of this ridiculous and unjustified...and yet they have an Ipad that's probably more expensive than a laptop. :p

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm amused by all the people saying you're overpaying on something that's just a glorified brand, that the price of this ridiculous and unjustified...and yet they have an Ipad that's probably more expensive than a laptop. :p

Don't understand what you mean. There are laptops and brands which are both more expensive and less expensive than iPads, but at least you know exactly what you're getting in terms of hardware and specs.

But if you buy a leather case from LV, Montblanc, Kate Spade, etc, do you know which quality, grade and type of grain of hide you're actually getting?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More expensive has never automatically meant better quality.

-t

I would amend this to state: More expensive is not automatically better quality, but top quality is almost never cheap. (Not in the world of leather craftsmanship, anyway.)

farmboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Vaja Agenda case with custom colors. With shipping it ran $250 and I actually like it. The colors are not as bright as the website but it still looks fantastic. I'll buy another one when the iPad3 comes to market.

Would you mind posting up your customized iPad2 case? Would love to see how it looks.

Most reactions