What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix quality

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you read is incorrect. I participate on a number of streaming devices message boards and the first thing the engineers tell someone that is getting mixed results on quality is that different devices can pull from different streams. Optimizing the DNS usullay fixes it.

I also have experienced partial or complete outages on one device but everything was fine on another. I own 7 different streaming platforms. Boxee Box, Roku, ATV, iPad, PS3, computer, and smart TV.

You can probably google what I read. Three doctoral students did some kind of crazy research. Sounded pretty extensive.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
You can probably google what I read. Three doctoral students did some kind of crazy research. Sounded pretty extensive.

I am not trying to be contrary but I have seen at least a couple of hundred people try to suggest that a specific player was malfuntioning because the quality was great on another platform told that is meaningless. On wired connections the answer is almost always DNS optimization. On wireless if the answer is not interference the answer is almost always DNS optimization. I have successfully helped my share of people with playback issues.

The other thing to note is that NF has changed their CDN strategies just about every year. Even now it looks like they will be doing it in-house now which is probably bad news.

Lastly, I believe my own eyes. About a month ago I was trying to playback a TV episode and I got the unavailable title message. I tried multiple times with no success. I switched over to my smart tv which I don't like and it started playing just fine. I switched back to Boxee and the titles was still reporting unavailable.

henry98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your problem is not related to Andriod or ipad but about service you use to get access to netflix. Buffering is the most common reason make anyone irritate while watching movies. If this is the case, try to search for better 3rd party good quality vpn options, where you can watch lot more entertainment channels alongwith netflix without quality complaints.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
henry98 said:
Your problem is not related to Andriod or ipad but about service you use to get access to netflix. Buffering is the most common reason make anyone irritate while watching movies. If this is the case, try to search for better 3rd party good quality vpn options, where you can watch lot more entertainment channels alongwith netflix without quality complaints.

The OP didn't mention using a VPN and doing so will definititely make things worse not better. The only reason a person would use a VPN is to get content that is unavailable to their area.

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm. Do you sure you have the 480p on iPad. Mine looks pretty good but I guess my expectation is not that high since I don't have a 720p(or 1080p?) android tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts