What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !!! I am a new user of the ipad and could use a little help getting started. I have been trying to use this thing going on 3 months now and still cant inergrate it very well.
I little about me and what I am looking to do with my ipad.
I am a contractor and work for many companies as a sub-contractor. I have always used my office pc and and a laptop to do everything. The reason I purchased the ipad was to be able to conduct my business more on the go to save time. I have yet been able to figure out how best to use the ipad, to do this. Here is how I have to do things now, All my work is sent via email, in the email are several pdf forms / files, one is the work order itself and the others are forms that I have to fill out, save and then re-email back once it is fill out. I sometimes have to send in bids and reports on my own letterhead or contract which I have saved in my pc and can write on it using my pc but cant on the ipad. I also can not write on the forms sent to me using the ipad. I have downloaded them and opened it in several apps and the same thing happens everytime, it opens the form as a document, I can view it but I cant fill in or write on it. I am having the same issue with my invoices as well. As part of my work I also have to photograph all of my work and my bids, then email them in along with the necessary paperwork.
Along with doing all of this, I am looking for an app that will allow me to track of all my work and my scheduled work to be done.
Is there one app that will do all of this ?
I also use intuit's "Quick Books" on my office pc, For those of you that dont know what this is, its a great book keeping, inventory, billing, invoicing, program it will even keep track of all my man hours, tell me when and where all my hours were spent, and my payroll. Are there any known apps that will work with this program for the ipad ?
The main reason I picked up the ipad was to be able to spend less time in the office and more time in the field. I was told that the ipad was the way to go and that I could do everything in the field and that I wouldnt even need an office, my truck would become my office. I love that idea !!!! But so far I haven't had much luck with making the switch. I seem to be spending more time doing paperwork then I would like. And I thought the ipad was suppose to make things easier.
Oh BTW I have the new ipad3 64 4g wifi. for what its worth the model number is MD368LL. if this will help ?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Steve

Most reactions