What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help for a boy with Dyslexia and ADHD

LisaMurray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love any ideas I can get to help my 12 yr old boy who has Dyslexia and ADHD. Any app to help with writing ideas, organization -writing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Special Needs iPad Forum where it will receive better attention. This forum also has a special needs app section.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not an app, exactly, but if you go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on the Speak Selection option, then whenever you highlight/select text there will be a Speak option in the popup menu. This might help when he has particular trouble with a word or sentence when reading.

doug rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Track down a specially designed font which reportedly makes reading easier. 'Search 'font for dyslexia' on Google, and an app AnyFont to install the fonts on the iPad.

Reaction score
Have you tried not using the computer and writing out short commonly used words on card, then cutting them into two and three letter components which can be reassembled into new words ? It worked for me when I was learning to read years ago. I was nearly 7 years old and couldn't read yet, until my parents discovered it during summer holidays. A wonderful teacher gave me one on one tutoring in the evenings which did the trick. I know I'm not stupid as I have been tested at 164 with MENSA's IQ test, so maybe my experience will help your lad.

Most reactions