What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice on streaming movies

zubo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

not sure this is the correct forum.... anyway...

I have an Iomega StorCenter which has a media server and shared folders... I have my music on one share, pictures on another and movies on a third share

When I connect my windows7 pc and fire up itunes I can see the shared folder in itunes....

My real wish though is to use the Iomega device to stream to my Ipad1... I have bought streamtome but that needs a client running on a pc and i had hoped air video which I bought also would do the trick but Ithink I am stuck...
whilst i can enter the ip address of the device... i do not know which port to use....

anyone help me get streaming working?????

thanks

george

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air video needs the Air Video server software running on a PC or Mac. If you can map the iomega shared drive to the PC then you can install the server software then add the mapped drive to the folder list.
Then air video on the ipad will see the windows 7 PC and all the music ect. from the iomega.

OP
Z

zubo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Air video needs the Air Video server software running on a PC or Mac. If you can map the iomega shared drive to the PC then you can install the server software then add the mapped drive to the folder list.
Then air video on the ipad will see the windows 7 PC and all the music ect. from the iomega.

Air Video is the wrong solution: that means that I need to have a NAS server AND a pc running all the time..... that is so rubbish an idea....

No......... I found an Excellent App.....

all I need is the NAS server ie my Iomega box.... and hey presto ipad1 finds everything.....

look here Iomega User Community :: View topic - ix2-200 music

george

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I leave my server running 24/7.
The same with my laptops.

64GB 3G White iPad

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Don't know which model you have, but if it does support upnp, there is a bunch of upnp client apps in the app store that will work with this device. AirPlayer would be a good guess as it can play several video format. While looking in the web for specs on that device, it was mentioned that it was also possible to use it as an iTunes server... Which means that it can do home sharing like iTunes. Seems a pretty cool device...

VicoPad addict!

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Air music works through xbox 360 and ps3 is there a video stream app work through ps3 or xbox 360?

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chenzo76 said:
CineXplayer.... is what i use on my ipad2.... plays all fomats even AVI

Highly Recommend :)

Where I can get cinexplayer?

Most reactions

Latest posts