What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Native Notes app - data disappeared

jonit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Opened up my iPad this am to discover that all but one of my "notes" in the native Notes application have disappeared. Any ideas about what happened and how to recover those data? Can't figure out how to access the "native" apps in the iTunes store. Thanks for any help you can provide.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open your Notes app, look in the top left corner and see if there is an Account button. If there is tap it and choose All Notes. If you recently turned on note syncing in one of your accounts, or added an account that offers note syncing, it adds a new section for those notes. Otherwise the account button won't be there.

If that's not what happened you can try my suggestions in this thread.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/32288-notes-data-lost.html

Heed all warnings.

OP
J

jonit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. No "accounts" on my Notes, and the restore to backup did not pull anything back up (even though all the notes were there when I backed up a few days ago). Must be one of the computer gremlin things. Good to know about the restore to backup function, though - thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get you notes back. Consider switching to a more robust solution like Evernote. While you usually need internet access to get to your notes, anything you mark as a favorite gets saved locally to all you computers and devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts