What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad 3 stuck with a dark grey screen

karldavison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly hello fellow members,
This is my first time on here and unfortunately its with a problem
sad.gif

My ipad 3 is stuck with a dark grey screen which looks like 6 equally spaced
horizontal lines/bands.
Ive tried holding the buttons down for a reset & restoring in itunes but
nether worked and just goes back to the grey screen.

Any help would be great.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have a physical problem with that iPad. As you said you've already done the steps we normally recommend when an iPad is acting up (restart, reset or restore), I'm afraid the only option left to you is to take it to an Apple store and see what the Geniuses say.

If you can, make a backup first - cause it sounds as if you need a new iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

P.S. And welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you! While I'm sorry your first post didn't receive the help you need (well, not from me, any way :)), I hope you'll stick around and visit us often.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Karl, and also welcome to the forum. You may not be seeing this message but I thought I'd try. I'm wondering whether you may have dropped or jolted your iPad in some way.
This will probably sound silly to you but quite some time ago I made this suggestion, after reading about this, to a member who had dropped it and had similar symptoms....take your iPad out of its cover and with the flat of your hand give it say four sharp raps on the back. It appears when this was done a connection in the innards may have righted itself.
Worth a try and nothing to lose before you bring it in, as suggested above.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts