What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 Screen Dark on one side?

dieselll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Soooo my 3rd Gen. iPad has a certain problem, the screen keeps getting dark on the right side!
After I restart the iPad the screen goes back to normal but after a while it get's dark again!
It's kinda annoying having to restart it every time, so suggestions? :)

(I'm new here, yay!)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's new...I'd make an appointment at the Apple store and speak to one of the Genius staff there. That doesn't sound good at all.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have a defective screen backlight.Take it to a apple store and have them check it out.It's still under warranty so they should replace it if it is indeed defective.

Last edited:
OP
dieselll

dieselll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds kinda serious. I thought it was just some weird software related problem, because as i said - every time i restart the screen works flawlessly again!. :eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do decide to take it to the apple store,make sure to back up your iPad before you do.That way,if they exchange your iPad for a new one,you can set it up from the backup you made.

RalphTomaccio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has there been any resolution to this screen issue?

I'm having a screen issue as well. A full 1/3rd of my screen on the right side when held in portrait mode or 1/3rd of the bottom when held in landscape mode gradually gets noticeably darker. This is with the new iPad. When I read on the Apple iPad forum that the issue seems to be caused by, or possibly related to, playing CSR Racing, I took immediate notice as I just started playing CSR as well.
When I last played, the screen darkened in that 1/3rd area. I closed everything down and rebooted a few minutes later. The only program I opened was Safari and, within seconds, the screen darkened again. I don't have any idea if the flickering and this darkening I'm experiencing is related, but I have a feeling the problem is going to spread among new iPad users, sorry to say.

I plan on visiting the Apple store next week to look into this more deeply.

Any solution?

slc52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Ipad3...just wondering if anyone has had any success by returning to the Apple Store for support?

RalphTomaccio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue and brought mine back to the Apple store. They exchanged it for a new one on the spot!

JCrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unfortunately bought my Ipad used and after 32 days the right side went dark also. Took it to the Apple store and they said it was unrepairable and out of warranty as it was a little over a year old. Contacted Amazon seller where I bought it and they said it was over the 30 day return policy and would not do anything about it. It is unrepairable...but if it is under Apple warranty...Apple will replace it at no cost to you, just be sure to back it up before you go to the Apple store!

Most reactions

Latest posts