What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ipad 2 is dented.. I'm confused.. Help!

Jobey813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After coming home from work yesterday, and much to my shock I found my Ipad2 on the floor, after it must have fallen off of my bed, somehow..someway. Everything seemed fine until I opened it up, where I then noticed that the volume control icon that pops up in the center of the screen wouldn't go away. I also noticed the most minimal of minimal dents located at exactly where you would change the volume. The volume controls are stuck, and won't move. I received this Ipad as a gift for Christmas only 3 weeks ago, and I'm not sure of what the coverage is on it in regards to getting it fixed. Does anyone know what the policy is here? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't have accidental coverage then you will have to pay for the repair and it does sound like your ipad will need repairs. I have read other threads where people have dropped their ipad and the button was stuck and the volume pop up won't go away. That corner seems to be a weak spot on the ipad2's.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The purchase of a new iPad comes with a one year warranty with apple. Tho I'm unsure what is actually covered. If there is an apple store in your area I'd recommend taking your iPad there and see what they can do.

frogsrock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jobey813 said:
After coming home from work yesterday, and much to my shock I found my Ipad2 on the floor, after it must have fallen off of my bed, somehow..someway. Everything seemed fine until I opened it up, where I then noticed that the volume control icon that pops up in the center of the screen wouldn't go away. I also noticed the most minimal of minimal dents located at exactly where you would change the volume. The volume controls are stuck, and won't move. I received this Ipad as a gift for Christmas only 3 weeks ago, and I'm not sure of what the coverage is on it in regards to getting it fixed. Does anyone know what the policy is here? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is exactly what happened to me earlier today!!!! Please tell me after you go to the apple store!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The purchase of a new iPad comes with a one year warranty with apple. Tho I'm unsure what is actually covered. If there is an apple store in your area I'd recommend taking your iPad there and see what they can do.

The warranty doesn't cover damage caused by the owner.

riotsarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me a couple of days ago, and I was going to go in store until I read ccooluke's post on here. I only have 2 posts so I can't post a link to it, but its, "dropped-ipad-switch-stuck" and its on the front page of the ipad forum.

Totally worked for me. If you don't care that its a little dented, it will sort it out. Then, just hope you get some pixel burn out so you can get it replaced by Apple :p

Terry Wagner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me a couple of days ago, and I was going to go in store until I read ccooluke's post on here. I only have 2 posts so I can't post a link to it, but its, "dropped-ipad-switch-stuck" and its on the front page of the ipad forum.

Totally worked for me. If you don't care that its a little dented, it will sort it out. Then, just hope you get some pixel burn out so you can get it replaced by Apple :p

Can you share with me how this person fixed the situation?

rockbll4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to mine as well. As I was doing research on how to fix it, I saw someone's post saying they noticed the screen was risen a little bit in that spot. Just push that spot down and it's fixed. The volume button (up on mine) doesn't click the same. But it is still useable. Cheapest solution I've found.

Hope this helps.

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Those small non metal backs that clamp on to the back of iPads, are extra protection for the corners of your iPad. I bought one when I first got mine.

MacApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dented at Volume Control

I have the same problem. My iPad slipped of my couch and hit the sewing machine, which had it's cover on. My iPad landed on an edge of the cover, right at the volume button. This resulted in the volume button being continuously depressed and showing the volume icon on the screen.

I found a quick, and cheap fix.

Binder clips.

That is, if you're not one to really care about the aesthetics.

Cassa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx! This thread fixed my volume freeze

SO GLAD I found this thread and that you'd all posted. Mine got dented just at the volume control, and as the volume was permenantly pressed to minimum I had the volume square on the screen all the time and the battery was churning down real fast. The tip about squeezing the screen was spot on ... The volume switch popped out and everything is back to normal. I'm off to get a serious case for this one now, though!

Most reactions

Latest posts