What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad volume bar dented

matthewilliamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just recently dropped my new iPad against my nightstand (not even that hard), which resulted in a dent in the volume bar. The bottom volume button is stuck and the iPad frame is dented. The volume will not lower while I am listening to music. I purchased Apple Care, but does Apple cover these type of accidents? Can they repair it or will they replace it?
Please Help,
Desperate Newbie

Last edited:

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you have AppleCare+, accidental damage is NOT covered as part of the warranty. If you have plus though, make a Genius Bar appt and $49 later, you'll probably walk out with a new device.

OP
M

matthewilliamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I was very worried about it...my iPad has become my life since I got about a month ago

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too! I had a 2 but sold it thinking I could just make due with a Kindle and a laptop/desktop.
Yeah, that idea lasted about 2 months! They are so stinkin' handy to use!

OP
M

matthewilliamg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. They are extremely handy and efficient.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just recently dropped my new iPad against my nightstand (not even that hard), which resulted in a dent in the volume bar. The bottom volume button is stuck and the iPad frame is dented. The volume will not lower while I am listening to music. I purchased Apple Care, but does Apple cover these type of accidents? Can they repair it or will they replace it?
Please Help,
Desperate Newbie

Hi there...
-I just deleted your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

Thank you!

shopsafe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem with my new Apple iPad 3....just 2 months old. I used a company out of Tampa, FL called Florida iDoctor. They had me ship my iPad to them and I had it back in my hands 5 days later. It was fixed and cost me just $75.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shopsafe said:
Same problem with my new Apple iPad 3....just 2 months old. I used a company out of Tampa, FL called Florida iDoctor. They had me ship my iPad to them and I had it back in my hands 5 days later. It was fixed and cost me just $75.

You do realize you likely voided your warranty by having you iPad serviced that way, don't you? If any issues normally covered by the warranty come up and you take it to Apple, it's likely that you won't get warranty service.

Most reactions