What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 2 Case Round Up: which cases have smart magnetic covers?

What's on your iPad 2?

• My iPad 2 is naked!

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Apple Smart Cover

Votes: 84 63.2%
  • 3rd Party "Dumb Cover"

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 3rd Party Smart Cover.

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Homemade cover.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the XGear's Smart Cover Enhancer in clear. It said it should ship on 04/04/2011. I paid with PayPal BillMeLater and got $10 off my order and don't have to have it paid off till October. I only paid that way to get the $10 off and ended up getting it for $31 with shipping. I will let you guys know how I like it once my iPad 2 comes next month :)

Thanks,
xavier

PS if you haven't checked out BillMeLater before give it a look. My wife and I use it mainly to buy more expensive stuff like my new iPad 2 which we got 6 months no payments no interest. Nothing like getting new toys and paying for them later :)

Did you receive your item yet?. I ordered as well and receive an email that it had been shipped by Fedex. Fedex has no records of the item since march 30th now the company is giving me the run around towards a refund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sent them a email yesterday and this was there response

Jason,

We are currently overwhelmed with orders and are trying to ship as many orders as we can. Your order should be shipped today.

Please accept our apologies.

Thank you,

Poya Moradi
XGear

That was at 1:16pm est and then at 3:18pm est I got an email confirming it shipped out USPS

I am not sure what kind of shipping you paid for, but sometimes the USPS uses FedEx. They send it by FedEx and then it comes the rest of the way by USPS. So that might be the reason you are having trouble tracking it since the USPS really only shows on there tracking when it's been delivered to your door.

Jason

Bobbyrab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Just bought a Red Yoobao slim leather case for my black ipad 2 for 42 bucks just this morning. From reviews, it looks well made and has a smart function too.

Was originally going to get phantom clear back and the apple smart cover but quickly canceled once I saw the Yoobao reviews for the ipad 2. Reminds me alot of the official apple case for the ipad 1 but with leather and smart functions.

YouTube - Hibernation Function of Yoobao Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 by Xengadget.com

mmmm that looks nice... i'm going to have a look... I may just cancel my order with grove.

Beware the Yoobao; I ordered one and promptly shipped it back for a full refund. The case literally stinks; smells toxic. AND, the sleep function is tempermental as the edges of the case do not line up. PLUS there is the issue that folding back the front cover behind the i-Pad engages sleep mode. Yoobao has acknowledged there is a problem and thus they are revising the design. I would hold off although if you order one now you will probably get the new and improved case but not for immediate delivery. The current reviews on another site are chock full of stories like this; I think the Amazon reviews aren't very accurate although some DO hint at these problems.:mad:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beware the Yoobao; I ordered one and promptly shipped it back for a full refund. The case literally stinks; smells toxic.

Yoobao's so-called genuine leather is actually "bonded leather", which is a composite of low-grade leather bonded to polyurethane. As polyurethane is a type of thermoplastic derivative which uses petroleum in its manufacture, that's probably where the "oily smell" comes from.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bobbyrab said:
Beware the Yoobao; I ordered one and promptly shipped it back for a full refund. The case literally stinks; smells toxic. AND, the sleep function is tempermental as the edges of the case do not line up. PLUS there is the issue that folding back the front cover behind the i-Pad engages sleep mode. Yoobao has acknowledged there is a problem and thus they are revising the design. I would hold off although if you order one now you will probably get the new and improved case but not for immediate delivery. The current reviews on another site are chock full of stories like this; I think the Amazon reviews aren't very accurate although some DO hint at these problems.:mad:

How much yabaaoo cost?

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY XGear Smart Cover Enhancer in clear just came today :) I will let you guys know how I like it once my iPad 2 comes at the end of the month! :D

Jay

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY XGear Smart Cover Enhancer in clear just came today :) I will let you guys know how I like it once my iPad 2 comes at the end of the month! :D

Jay

Funny, I have my iPad 2 but waiting for my clear smart cover enhancer to arrive later this month. I would venture to say you would trade places with me.:D

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good case that has a pocket with a zipper? Thx!

I have two bags.

This one I use when I'm going on a trip. It holds all my stuff (I don't have the wireless keyboard) and works out great.

iPad Travel Express - SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad 2

I also bought this one from ShopKo. I don't know if you have those stores in your area but Here is their website. I use this around the house and town.

Merkury Innovations

I really like this case and it's not all that expensive.

Hope this helps.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Folks; can we start moving the conversations over to the Case Sticky. I asked the mod to created the sticky and they kindly agreed. This will benefit all I2'ers from everyone's case search experiences without clogging up the forum.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got my XGear smart case enhancer. I like it so far.

Pics? A mini review? Come on, help a brother out!

Alright. I bought the black one. It is a nice snug hard shell case as one would expect. It fit's perfectly with the Smart case. It's got a nice non skid grippy type finish. The case actually snaps in quite nicely into the groove from where the case bezel meets the edge of the screen.

My only complaint thus far is that I typically open my Ipad 2 smart case from the right side (same motion as opening a book). The Smart Case enhancer lines up pretty flush with the smart case, so there really isnt a good place to grip on the right side, I have to open it from the top or bottom. ..... hopefully that makes sense :)

Pics. iPad 2 case - a set on Flickr

xavier32178

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Jay

Funny, I have my iPad 2 but waiting for my clear smart cover enhancer to arrive later this month. I would venture to say you would trade places with me.:D

Yeah I had to cancel my order to change the engraving, So it pushed it out another 3 days. It is to bad they couldn't have just changed it for me, but I guess they can't on the iPad 2's

thetaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xavier32178 said:

Jay

I have my iPad,send me your case and I'll let you know if I like it, lol. :D

SporkLover said:
Alright. I bought the black one. It is a nice snug hard shell case as one would expect. It fit's perfectly with the Smart case. It's got a nice non skid grippy type finish. The case actually snaps in quite nicely into the groove from where the case bezel meets the edge of the screen.

My only complaint thus far is that I typically open my Ipad 2 smart case from the right side (same motion as opening a book). The Smart Case enhancer lines up pretty flush with the smart case, so there really isnt a good place to grip on the right side, I have to open it from the top or bottom. ..... hopefully that makes sense :)

Pics. iPad 2 case - a set on Flickr

Thanks for the pics! Funny that you took the pics with an EVO! I like that though, I'm rocking the same combo, EVO and iPad 2!

Most reactions

Latest posts