What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My beer

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This popped up as l was watching Sky News just now,
Tried them all. [emoji38][emoji38]
cb5561a1a50a398812dbbc3661144782.jpg

Better ice cold

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OK Brixtonboy - please retitle your thread, such as 'Best Beers - European vs. American' - then tell us what your thoughts may be? Then I may be able to better respond - ;) Dave (an 'American Craft Beer' fan!)

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally l don't like any of those. We have a shop here Netto. They sell a beer called Schloss. 0.5lt cost 39 cents, when you take the bottle back you get .25 cents but it tastes really nice. Recycling wunderbar [emoji4]

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, not sure how much traffic we'll get w/ a 'Beer Thread' in Off-Topic, but I'll start w/ a post about where I live, i.e. North Carolina, USA - the craft brew industry in the United States has really skyrocketed - see map attached - now over 4000 microbreweries/brewpubs making ALL styles of beer from light yellow ones to dark porters - I've tried many local micro-beers in my travels and have enjoyed most.

North Carolina is one of the leading beer states in the southeast - there are now about 150 breweries in the state w/ Asheville likely having the most for a city - Red Oak, Natty Greene, & Foothills are the three main ones in the Triad area where I reside. The book below is on my iPad, a second edition released last year (between editions, about 4 years, the number of breweries discussed went from 45 to 145).

SO, for beer lovers visiting North Carolina (or adjacent states), try the local beers on draft - and those who think that American beer is only what is offered by the BIG regional producers, like Budweiser, have a shocking and pleasant surprise in the variety and quality of beer in the USA. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 2.45.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 2.48.02 PM.png

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in. There's a truck stop in Germany on the A61 near Koblenz that has its own microbrewery on site. Needless to say, it was one of my favourite stopping places in Germany.

Other pleasant memories include the Königsbacher brewery beer garden on the banks of the Rhein in Koblenz, the St Martin brewery in Lahnstein-am-Rhein, whose offerings are very pleasant. Moving over to Belgium, Leffe was one of my favourites during layovers in Arlon. Spain and France are where one only drinks beer to get drunk. Their beers are uniformly terrible. Not so the wine, but that's for a different thread.

As far as the UK goes, Innis & Gunn from Scotland is one of my favourites. Charles Wells Barley Wine is another, but unfortunately I have not seen it outside of Bedford.

Alberta has quite the microbrewery presence. My rule of thumb is if it says "union made" on the can, it stays in the can, so I'm very interested in the state of the micro breweries all over North America, of which there are clearly a vast number.

Thanks for a great thread idea, @brixtonboy. Can't think why I didn't think of it years ago.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a coach driver here on Saturday nights often my task was to drive a small bus 16 people.
To the Krombacher brewery that's the beer on the left, they have tours, showing the works etc. I had to stay in the bus like a good boy. After the tour they all were given lots to drink totally free. The difference in the passengers getting out to the ones getting in you would not believe [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Most reactions

Latest posts