What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MUSIC app disappeared after an update to IOS 8.4

DebbieLEW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did an update to IOS 8.4 and when I restarted my IPad 3 the MUSIC app has disappeared? The app is part of the IPad like Safari and email.
All my downloaded music and audiobooks have gone with it?
Please help
thanks
Debbie

OP
DebbieLEW

DebbieLEW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I found the music - it is a new app, BUT my audiobooks are not there, says they are in IBooks - but now cannot find the IBooks app?
Sorry about asking like this, but it is soooo frustrating. . .

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
G'day Debbie and welcome to the forum. Do not hesitate at any time to ask a question. It may help keep some of us out of mischief looking for an answer:D
Reset your iPad (something that is wise to do after every system update)
Do this: Simultaniously press down on the Start and On/Off buttons and keep holding them down. Let both go when the Apple logo appears and then wait (patiently:rolleyes:) until the iPad powers up. Start the iPad and hopefully Bob's your uncle! If he's not then come back...a solution would not be far away:)
Andrew

OP
DebbieLEW

DebbieLEW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I did that, I found the new Apple Music app, and all my music is there.:)
But cannot find my Audiobooks, i saw a message that said books are in IBooks, when i go to IBooks it says no Books (my Audio books were purchased from Audible and not ITunes - perhaps this is the problem?)

Why must Apple make it so difficult to use their devices - It was all working perfectly before?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I did that, I found the new Apple Music app, and all my music is there.:)
But cannot find my Audiobooks, i saw a message that said books are in IBooks, when i go to IBooks it says no Books (my Audio books were purchased from Audible and not ITunes - perhaps this is the problem?)

Why must Apple make it so difficult to use their devices - It was all working perfectly before?
Ah, purchased from Audible! That may well be the problem now after your recent iOS update. I'm not a user of Audiobooks but from what I've seen, Apple has been rationalising its relationships with a number of developers/organisations recently, of course to concentrate on its growing new music services.
I suspect the problem is that files you downloaded within the Audiobooks app will no longer sync with iTunes. I don't know this, I'm surmising.
But could there be this solution? The Audibles app uses its own player and not Apple's for any music titles downloaded directly by the Audiobooks app. So maybe you could try this.... If your Audible app is not sitting on your screen, download it and you may be able to download the paid-for titles directly within that app. Could be a lot of work if that is possible.
As I say, I do not have direct knowledge but that Audible app must surely still have some use?
If nothing like the above works, in the absence of more knowledgable members chipping in with suggestions , contacting the Audible developer may result in a solution. I hope you find it.
Andrew
EDIT: I drafted my response just before seeing scifan's succinct post above, which very probably gives the solution in just two lines;)
Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts