What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitrack Recording on the iPad 2 and one. All your questions answered.

Joshmonster75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please help.

I have bought an ipad for making music but i need to do things a specific way. Here is the issue.

I want to use an app on the ipad (most likely some kind of sequencer or DAW) whereby i can record guitar, vocals and possibly other instruments.

I have recently bought the irig midi to enable me to also use midi instruments to get sounds INTO some kind of app.

But my biggest issue, is that whatever app i am going to use (such as garageband or some other equivilent) needs to be able to give Midi out via the leads in the irig Midi.

My need for this is because i work with a producer in a studio. I want to build tracks on the ipad and then take them into the studio, use the Irig midi to export the whole song via the midi out lead to the studio equipment. Then we can work on the song further at the studio (not via ipad).

Please help me with what app i need to do this. I bought garageband and isequence but not sure either are going to help me do this.

Maybe the answers are staring me in the face but I really appreciate any help anyone can give me

Thanks,
Josh​

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am in a wind quintet...I know, not sexy like the more modern stuff...but I'd still like to make recordings of our music, on the iPad. Where does one start?

pipfunkiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought auria and it looks like a realy cool app....One thing that bugs me though is its output level.....its low...Lame...right now im just coming off the headphone socket but i will be investing in an apogee duet 2 for ipad in march and im just wondering if i will have the same problem....

pipfunkiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
auria

My bad the headphone volume on ipad was only half way up......auria is fantastic.....Wouldnt want to edit a full project on it but for fanless overdubbing where your right next to the singer this is the way to go folks.....Now just waiting for duet 2 for ipad

Most reactions

Latest posts