What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr Toad and the Stone of Destiny - a new iBook for kids of all ages

Mr Toad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My name is Patrick Baird. My new iBook, Mr Toad and the Stone of Destiny, has just become available in the iBookstore. It's for kids - of all ages. Please download a free sample to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.

What's it about? Mr Toad is a very special boat - he's a gateway between worlds. Four young friends are aboard, cruising Scotland's West Highlands and Hebrides. They find themselves 500 years in the past, on a mission to prevent bloodshed between the clans Maclean and Campbell. They return to the present but their quest is not over ...

The places and historical events are real. There are lots of illustrations. You can zoom into the locations in the West Highlands of Scotland with custom Google Maps and Google Earth. The website mr-toad.co.uk has links to information on Scottish legends, history and wildlife, and readers can add their own illustrations to the Gallery.

I hope you and your kids will enjoy it as much as I did writing it. Your comments are very welcome.

Best wishes,
Patrick Baird

Most reactions

Latest posts