What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seal Shield? for real?

heckelda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen one of these waterproof cases? I first saw an add in a SkyMall magazine during a flight. There is no real picture of the product just a claime about a waterproof case.
Searched on the wed, and found the product sight. Again no real picture to show the product. There is jsut a claime of how this shield will waterproof your iPad and let you use it in a pool or hottub. That it only takes 60sec to instal and has antimicrobial properties.
Sounds great!!! If its for real.....
Keep finding the same company statement about its great new product, but no real demo or pictures. Haven't found anyone that has acutually seen or used one.
There is a youtube video that, is just some dumb promotional add which shows nothing.
Is this for real, has anyone actually purchased one?
At $30 I don't want to order until I hear some kind of confirmation about it.

OP
H

heckelda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't find it myself at walmart. Anyone else have any experience? Seems like there are a bunch of sites referencing its release, but just with quotes from the manufacturer. I have not found any first hand experiences with it.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
For 30$ I would give it a try. Once installed you can see how very safe it would be to take your iPad into pool or hottub (the latter one I would however not recommend - correction, both of it I would not recommend). Question is, will it be necessary to go diving with it?
To read a magazine or so while inside the tub, ok, I agree, makes sense (although taking a bath is not very environmentally friendly).
At the pool, just to avoid that splashing water damages the precious, OK, also agree. But however safe I deem the sleeve to be, I do not see any sense in going under water with my dearest.
The sleeve will for sure make sense to avoid moisture/ salt/ sand and dust damage your iDevice when going to the beach etc. while being slim and nearly invisible (unlike the one I use when I go on-site - but mine does need much more protection then as if I just went to the beach with it.
One thing however disturbs me with it (same as with mine): you always have to "unseal" it when you need to charge it.

I am still thinking to get the defender (otterbox)...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
H

heckelda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part of my curiosity about this product is the form factor. I have seen several of the other waterproof cases for the iPad. Many are basically just a bag with some type of seal, almost like a Ziploc. Lots of excess material around the iPad. This one made it sound like the fit was very slim and form fitting. However I can not find anyone to verify this, or any actual pictures other then the very non descript YouTube video made by Seal Shield. Has anyone else had any luck or experience. I have already spent too much money on cases etc. to just buy it and hope, I want to have a little more information before making this purchase.

I did a lot of comparison between the Griffin Survivor, the Otterbox D, and Eyecandy Droptech. I bought the Droptech because it was cheaper, and you can replace the built in screen protector, or just remove it. The main difference is that a few of the ports are still exposed (small vent holes over the speaker). Also it does not have any kickstand to set it up. I don’t really use it though because that type of sturdy case adds so much weight. I love the lightness of the naked iPad and try to make use of that as much as possible.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

ashleybrown07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see one for real, the seal bag is nice too, if you are going to beach or pool this is really useful. Just look around which of it fits your lifestyle because I'm sure you don't want to carry bulky case for your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
H

heckelda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have not found any real actual hands on reviews of this product which seems very strange for the amount of time it has been available. It just sounds too good to be true, and everyone else must agree. I might take the plunge though after spending a week at the beach and being afraid to take my iPad with me...

Most reactions