What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

move notes created in Evernote app from iPad2 to Windows machine without Wi-Fi

p_s_92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The user has written a 10 page document using the free Evenote app in iPad2 and wants to move them
to a Windows computer, but as our wireless Internet connection is spotty so we cannot synchronize the document with
Evernote server from the iPad, then open it from the Windows machine by logging in to
the Evernote server.

I tried to use the Filesharing feature of iPad2 and moved the files but the document has an extension of "sqlite"

Using a text editor to open them brings lot of characters which are not interpreted correctly by the text
editor as they might be binary. Downloaded sqlite browser from SQLite Database Browser | Free Development software downloads at SourceForge.net
but that too cannot display the data.

1. What else can I try? Can I somehow save the evernote document as a text file in the ipad2, then move it to
a Windows computer using filesharing so that any text editor on the Windows machine can open the file?

2. Is there some free app which saves things as text files in iPad2 so that it can be easier to move on to Windows machine later?
Then, I can suggest the user use it whenever he takes notes

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Evernote app on the computer has an import option in the Files menu. Have you tried importing the .sqlite file? No idea if it would work, but it might be worth trying.

OP
P

p_s_92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Evernote app on the computer has an import option in the Files menu. Have you tried importing the .sqlite file? No idea if it would work, but it might be worth trying.

I am using the free evernote app. I moved the sqllite file to Windows machine, installed Evernote for windows but that also could not open it.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried asking this question on Evernote's web site? Either their forums or their tech support. I've had to use their tech support a couple of times and they've been great. I'm a "Premium" user of Evernote so don't know if that helps getting a quick full reply compared to a free user of Evernote.

OP
P

p_s_92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried asking this question on Evernote's web site? Either their forums or their tech support. I've had to use their tech support a couple of times and they've been great. I'm a "Premium" user of Evernote so don't know if that helps getting a quick full reply compared to a free user of Evernote.
Thanks, will try that.

Most reactions

Latest posts