What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More iOS 7 Details Emerge

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
9163-scott-forstall.JPG

The always very credible John Paczkowski of All Things D has written a very interesting piece today all about Apple’s plans for iOS 7. Before addressing the style choices made by Jony Ive’s team, Paczkowski begins by confirming that he has heard from “sources who are forbidden to talk publicly about Apple’s plans†that Apple has diverted engineers away from working on OS X 10.9 to work on iOS 7. “It’s essentially a repeat of the iPhone/Leopard scenario,†said the source. Paczkowski says that one of the reasons for iOS 7 needing all hands to the pump is because it is such a big update, with Ive now imprinting his “Spartan, elegant aesthetic†on the new iOS. “You know Game Center’s green felt craps table?†another source told Paczkowski, when talking about the ditching of skeumorphic design principles. “Well, goodbye, Circus Circus.†Paczkowski goes on to say that the famed skeumorphic design of all iOS versions up until now was largely down to Scott Forstall, who has now been replaced by Sir Jony Ive, who was previously responsible for designing Apple’s iconic devices. As one of Paczkowski’s sources put it: “Sounds like a much-needed ‘de-Forstallization.’â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Apple's iOS 7 Team in Deadline Crunch Mode, Adding Engineers - John Paczkowski - Mobile - AllThingsD

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like it's going to be a nice update,does new ios allways launch with new ipads or only once a year

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt very much that it will look anything like Windows or Android.

If rumor mongers insist on using existing OS's for comparison, it's only because they haven't a clue what Ive's is going to do, beyond make some changes more in line with his own esthetics. Their defacto, and unimaginative, answer is that if it's going to change, it must be to something they've already seen.

Is the iPhone's hardware ugly or lacking character? No.

I'm willing to give him a chance and see what he can do on the software/iOS side of the table.

Besides, I don't really have a choice, do I? :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone ever known Apple to take a backward step?

One prediction I am prepared to make. It ain't going to look like Windows 8. Nobody could be that stupid with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish they would talk about functionality rather than looks. Most people don't have a problem with the look of iOS.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Details? Where are the details? All it was was talk about something that didnt say anyting about the details but people have been moved around to do differenet things.

How about some real details next time. What has changed? What is new? Which devices will it work on? Im guessing the 3GS and iPhone 4 womt work on IOS7 as they are already missing features from IOS6.

I dont care about IOS7 untill its jailbroken so i can have on it the apps i use the most which are jailbroken apps.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish they would talk about functionality rather than looks. Most people don't have a problem with the look of iOS.

Right. Don't mess with the look or the feel. Please. Just add some important features that most users want. That's all. This shouldn't be hard.

Most reactions

Latest posts