What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monitoring Data on AT&T

ipadGL1800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks...

I'm new here (and to the my iPad). I'm fairly computer literate, so I'm finding the learning curve fairly decent. I ran across one stumbling block yesterday, and I'm not having much luck figuring it out, although I can guess it's pretty simple.

I signed up for and activated AT&T data plan for the iPad. It works fine, but for the life of me, I cant figure out where I can log on (via internet browser) to AT&T to monitor my account. Everything I've found with a log-on screen tells me that it doesn't know about me, but to go somewhere else, which also doesn't know about me.

Any help (with a URL, for example) will be appreciated. :)

Thanx..., Brian

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app called myWireless by AT&T that will track your usage on AT&T's web site, but you must register with your name and password. There's also an app called DataMan which will do almost the same thing, you just have to setup the date your bill is due each month and it will use that date to track your usage for the month. DataMan is easier, but not as accurate as the AT&T app, but it's close enough for most folks.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I Would Recommend You Buy....

....the Download Meter app. Not only will it tell you how much wifi data you have consumed in any given reporting period--that you establish but it will keep track of the amount of traffic you use on 3G. This app does not have to go out and look at the AT&T network but monitors the iPad's download and upload data utilization.

Since I only get 250Mb/month this is very important tool for me. I know exactly how much I use during my subscription month.

OP
I

ipadGL1800

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions..., I'm taking a look at these data meter apps. My main problem was actually being able to log onto AT&T web site to see my whole account info, but I think I've figured that out. I'm currently in Canada till after Christmas and when I try to log on to AT&T, it detects that my router IP is located outside the US and returns an error. Once I get back across the border, I'll try again and see what happens.

BTW, two of the metering apps I'm looking at ask for my account name and password to connect to my AT&T account to get the data, but cant connect because of the previous problem.

Thanks for the info...

Most reactions

Latest posts