What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Money management app

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been migrating applications from my laptop to iPad Air but can't seem to find a suitable replacement for Quicken. There is a Quicken app, however it requires a PC or Mac app to sync with. I plan to go stand-alone on the iPad. My needs are simple with only checkbook and credit cards and reconcile functions. Anybody know of a good replacement? Thanks - Bill

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mint works fairly well, and across multiple platforms. I do occasionally have to re-authroize my bank accounts, but I suspect that is going to be true of any finance app.

Setup seem overly complicated if you try to do everything, but I've found it easy enough to ignore the stuff I don't want, like budgets, goals, etc.

OP
cwhowell2

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mint works fairly well, and across multiple platforms. I do occasionally have to re-authroize my bank accounts, but I suspect that is going to be true of any finance app.

Setup seem overly complicated if you try to do everything, but I've found it easy enough to ignore the stuff I don't want, like budgets, goals, etc.
Thanks - I've heard a suggestion for Mint from another source as well. Will definitely try it.

OP
cwhowell2

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - I've heard a suggestion for Mint from another source as well. Will definitely try it.
Mint installed and working. Not exactly what I was expecting. Got a direct tie in to my checking account which gives me a dynamic view of cleared transactions (checks). I was hoping for register entry like in regular Quicken and the ability to reconcile monthly. On a positive note, I think it will be great for monitoring my credit cards for fraudulent charges.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can make entries by tapping the pen&paper icon at the top left. Checks 'usually' auto-reconcile if you've entered the check number correctly. I'm pretty sure you can reconcile manually, but I don't remember how. Worst case, you go to the website version where there are more tools and options.

OP
cwhowell2

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again. Guess I just need to do some more homework. Ran into a snag already. Mint is installed and working on my iPad Air, I just logged in and viewed my accounts with a PC browser. Installed the correct version on my iPhone 5 but the login fails. Maybe have to wait a while?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've had to wait a day or so (on occasion) for bank login's to work. I'd guess it depends on the bank.

If you are talking about logging into Mint on the iPhone 5, I don't know. I'd contact Mint's customer support if it persists.

OP
cwhowell2

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sent email to customer suppt. Thanks.

OP
cwhowell2

cwhowell2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good support. It turns out there are 2 apps. Mint and Mint Bills. Not the same program and not compatible. I installed Mint on my iPad and Mint Bills on my iPhone. Since I have no need of bill paying services (all my creditors offer instant online payments with no waiting period) I have uninstalled Mint Bills from my iPhone. I'll check again to see if "Mint" is available for iPhones. Confusing.
Update: Got the correct version of "Mint" installed on the iPhone5 and everything appears to be happy.

Last edited:

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you looked at account tracker, I migrated from quicken to account tracker, it does all that I require. Covers multiple accounts, shares, can have groups of accounts, can sum all accounts or leave selected accounts out. Really worth a look.

Most reactions

Latest posts