What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercedes-Benz Financial Develops Signature Functionality for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Back in June we reported on Mercedes-Benz’s pilot scheme to trial the use of the iPad at 40 of its dealers for use on the showroom floor by branch financial teams. In fact I can remember it being one of the very first stories about iPad in the enterprise. Now the company has announced today that the trial was a great success, with so much positive feedback from dealers, that it has decided to make the iPad available to financial teams in Mercedes-Benz dealerships worldwide.

"As I process lease returns on the iPad, customers can accompany me through the turn-in inspection," said Robert Bostwick, Sales Manager at Schumacher European in Phoenix, AZ. "I can show them on the iPad what I'm noting and we can discuss it while the vehicle and the inspection forms are right in front of us."

Also as a result of the feedback garnered during the trial, Mercedes-Benz Financial also developed signature pad functionality for MB Advantage, which enables customers to sign certain documents electronically on the iPad screen.

Source: Mercedes-Benz Financial

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know I'm not surprised. The iPad is a great data entry device and it's size and battery life would be a perfect match for someone who needs access to any and all information instantly. There does need to be many more apps out there.

And I would like to see a simple program out there to create your own apps. And by simple, I mean make a web page simple. Point and click and it puts the code together for you. If this was possible, apple would see a ton of companies making their own app a and using the ipad or itouch in a business day.

Most reactions