What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail with images stuck in outbox since upgrade to iOS5

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think this has only happened since the upgrade but cannot be totally sure of that. However, one of the great benefits of the ipad was that I could send photos either directly from the saved photos album or by copy and paste into the Mail app. Neither method seems to work now....one email with two images disappeared into thin air and the others are just stuck in the outbox. Is anyone else having this problem? It is very disappointing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had no problem sending photos from iPad or iPhone since loading iOS 5.

If you have one or more stuck in your outbox, have you tried opening up an individual email and hitting send again? Sometimes a photo or doc file will get stuck if you happen to send when you've got a weak 3G or wifi connection, and stay stuck till you nudge it that way, I've found. That's especially the case if the photo is sent as large size or if multiple photos are attached.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I followed a recommendation on another thread and downloaded ibismail. To me it is a tremendous step above the native app. Even allows me to create new folders on my pop mail account.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The emails in the outbox seem to have gone now. At one point I could not even open them but it just said there were 3 messages in the Outbox. I deleted my account and then reinstalled it so maybe sorted it out. I also found that my default email account settings had changed and wonder if that affected anything. Anyway , all seems to be OK now. Many thanks for the responses.

Most reactions