What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mail problem

pcbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi -

I'm having a strange problem that I can't figure out; I've subscribed in zdnet newsletter using a gmail account and a powweb pop3 account, I've configured both email accounts as pop3 on my iPad default Mail client, the newsletter is downloaded completely on my gmail account while it downloads only one error message on my other powweb account saying that if I'm facing a problem to view the newsletter then click on the following link to open it inside the browser, what I don't understand:

1- I'm using the same iPad default email client
2- The same newsletter
3- The same settings on both accounts except the different pop3 server name

What is making me more confused is that I tried to forward the newsletter from the powweb account to itself and when I did this the iPad displayed a message in order to confirm downloading the rest of the message before forwarding it and YES it downloaded the entire newsletter and forward it without problems !

Contacted powweb for a resolution but they think it is a problem on the iPad, any clue?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No idea.

Since both Google and powweb offer IMAP servers I recommend you switch to that (or Exchange for Google). It has far fewer problems and works better between multiple devices and computers. I see they've got instructions for it on their site.

PowWeb Knowledgebase - How To: Configuring an Email Client for your PowWeb POP/IMAP mailbox

If you need to keep POP3 for some reason, all I can suggest is digging into the settings on the iPad while looking over the instructions on the site and see if you can find any mismatches.

Most reactions

Latest posts