What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail App HELP!!!

ipad_newbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the iPad 2. I've set up my Yahoo mail using the Mail app, but can't seem to find a way to only see my unread emails (same issue if I go to Yahoo mail using Safari). Any tips for viewing just unread emails?

Amongst thousands of e-mails, I have 7 unread ones that date back to a few months ago, and I don't want to browse every page to find them. Thanks for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to see only unread mail in the inbox, so my main tip is not to leave all your mail in the inbox.

Go to the Yahoo mail in a browser and create a folder or two or three, that you can move your mail into when you've read it, but don't want to delete it. I've got folders like Family, Business, and Other.

These folders will automatically sync with your iPad, so that you can move mail into them when using the iPad as well. You can either select and move mail using the Edit button in the mail list, or individually as you read them. The folder icon at the top is how you move them.

Do this every day or so and finding the unread mail in your inbox will be a snap.

For initial organization I recommend using a computer and browser, so you can see and select the maximum number of emails to move at one time.

dbryant11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pdf

I know you probably don't want a "work around" as you'd simply prefer it to just work, but in the mean time, perhaps just copy and paste the text from those 7 important older emails into another doc or note and save them elsewhere. Just a thought.....

Most reactions

Latest posts