What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic keyboard for iPad Pro available to order now.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple today have made the new Magic Keyboard available to buy direct from the Apple Store.
I’ve just ordered one for my iPad Pro 11” today with an estimated delivery of April 20th-22nd.
I previously had one on order from Amazon with an estimated delivery of 30th May which I’ve now cancelled. In fact it’s now shown as ‘unavailable’ on Amazon, as I assume they’re expecting it to arrive earlier.

Last edited:
OP
Aerofly

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just typing this on my iPad Pro 11” with my new Magic Keyboard. This has to be the absolute best accessory for the iPad Pro.
It’s quite a weighty beast, even with the 11” iPad, but not so heavy as to be unwealdy.
A lot has been said about the fact that the hinge doesn’t fold back to let the iPad lay flat, but if you need to use it flat its so easy to remove it, even though the magnetic cover is strong.

In fact I’ve had various magnetic covers before and i can honestly say these are the strongest magnets I’ve encountered.......this thing ‘ain’t coming off accidentally, and that’s a no bad thing!

I don’t own a MacBook, but I can certainly state that the ‘scissor’ like keyboard is the best Ive ever used for the iPad.

The gesture control on the trackpad is great, and from what I’ve heard and read on other keyboard/trackpad reviews, much much better than the competition.

Loving the pass-through charging via the hinge which leaves the type c connector free now for my type c hub

I do agree with a lot of people that Apple are charging one heck of a high price for this keyboard case, in fact its almost a third of the cost of the iPad itself, but now i have it I don’t regret buying it one bit!

Lovely bit of (rather costly) kit!

Small update:
One small thing I’ve noticed is that I have an Anker 5 port usb charger which gives 2A per output, and if I use the USB C input on the keyboard hinge the iPad says ‘Not Charging”, however if I plug the charger into the iPad it charges fine.
I can only deduce from this that pass-through charging facility via the keyboard needs a higher current PD charger to charge the iPad.
You need to bear this in mind if you don’t have a high power PD USB C charger if you want to use pass-through charging !

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts