What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

love the Ipad

stormcastle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband bought me the Ipad for Christmas and I love it. I love playing with new gadgets and am interested in seeing what I can do with this one. I have the 3G version but have only used it on Wifi--created my own hotspot by tethering my Droid.

I am a genealogist so looking at all the programs that will enable me to carry all my files on the Ipad instead of my laptop.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Between Dropbox and either Goodreader (must have) and Documents To Go Premium, you can keep your iPad synced with your desktop/laptop. I use the desktop version of Dropbox on 3 different machines so that I can have access at all times to the same data across the board. Change the file on one box, then all the rest receive the updates so everything is on the same page.

Dropbox - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.

OP
S

stormcastle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will check it out

Between Dropbox and either Goodreader (must have) and Documents To Go Premium, you can keep your iPad synced with your desktop/laptop. I use the desktop version of Dropbox on 3 different machines so that I can have access at all times to the same data across the board. Change the file on one box, then all the rest receive the updates so everything is on the same page.

I have dropbox but not yet used it--will check out the others. Wow! didn't expect to get a response so fast. this is an awesome forum.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also look at evernote (free) which will sync your notes with your desktop. The more you use it the more you find uses for it.
Have fun.

Most reactions

Latest posts