What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost everthing on calendar

chasteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the same problem?

Have downloaded the IOS 4.2 on my iPad and iPhone. For some reasons, I lost everything on my calendar. It shows nothing.

Checked my iPad and the calendar was set correctly. Don't know why everything has disappeared.

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problems whatsoever. Do you use a program to sync your mail, calendar, and contacts? If you do, there should be no problem getting all the info back onto your iPad. My Google calendar updates onto my iPad faster than I can say, "Google Calendar - Go!"

And, BTW, I find the update to 4.2.1 SO wonderful. I have not had a chance yet to see which programs will continue updating in the background for TRUE multitasking and which ones are just there for faster app switching. Now, if it only had Flash....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google sync is the way to go! That way if anything screws up you won't lose anything....even notes now!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problems whatsoever. Do you use a program to sync your mail, calendar, and contacts? If you do, there should be no problem getting all the info back onto your iPad. My Google calendar updates onto my iPad faster than I can say, "Google Calendar - Go!"

And, BTW, I find the update to 4.2.1 SO wonderful. I have not had a chance yet to see which programs will continue updating in the background for TRUE multitasking and which ones are just there for faster app switching. Now, if it only had Flash....

Simple answer, none. Only services are allowed to run in the background which include push, chat, skype, and music....and only one music source can play at a time.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can we sync multiple google calendars? I'm only showing "personal"

With 4.2.1 you can now sync calenders thru gmail! So that means for every gmail account you can sync all of that accounts calenders in one click!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have a personal calendar under my gmail address and 3 calendars linked to that address but all that comes down is personal...tell me what to do? Do I need a gmail app or just the regular setup?

Last edited:
OP
C

chasteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lost calendar

Later, I called the helpdesk of my company, and they asked me to delete the company account and added it back again. it worked and fixed the problem.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can we sync multiple google calendars? I'm only showing "personal"

With 4.2.1 you can now sync calenders thru gmail! So that means for every gmail account you can sync all of that accounts calenders in one click!

Sorry to hijack but can I ask how this is different from Exchange? I'm syncing, mail, calender & contacts with Google through exchange it works great. Is sync different from Exchange?

Most reactions

Latest posts