What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lose wifi signal only in 1 room with router

Unlvrn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is weird. My wifi works great everywhere but in the room that has the router. It will be fine for awhile, then drops. Then it won't let me access the wifi again in there. I have to leave the room. Any ideas?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlvrn said:
This is weird. My wifi works great everywhere but in the room that has the router. It will be fine for awhile, then drops. Then it won't let me access the wifi again in there. I have to leave the room. Any ideas?

Normally I'd say it was the room. But since it's in the room the only thing I can suggest is

Switch off your iPad

Switch off your router/ modem and wait for at least1 minute.
reboot your router, and wait until it shows all lights.....Internet ready

Reboot your iPad, go to settings Safari, look to the right hand pane clear history, clear cookies, clear cache

Hop this works post back with outcome :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Is there a cordless phone base station in that room ? If so try moving it into another room and see if that room becomes the dead zone or it stops the dead zone in that room . I've got a Uniden that wreaks havoc on the wifi all over my house and if wifi is being used causes static in the phone when in use. Many routers and cordless phones run 2.4 ghz and can interfere with each other. Sometimes the transformer on a halogen or mercury bulb lamp can cause it, though they usually cause monitors to act up if too close.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts