What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Messenger for iPad

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're a big user of MS Messenger with the family so are looking for an iPad version. There is a Mac version and I did find a Messenger on the app store but it only seems to interact with one person at a time.

Anybody run across anything?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used it, but IM+ looks like it would do a pretty good job; allows you to chat with all types of IM contacts (Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc) at once. It's a bit steep at $9.99 though...

OP
J

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used it, but IM+ looks like it would do a pretty good job; allows you to chat with all types of IM contacts (Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc) at once. It's a bit steep at $9.99 though...

Thanks for the suggestion. 'IM+ Lite' seems to give me what I wanted in that it shows the name of who your chatting with and their picture. I'll go ahead and upgrade to the iPad version as it seems to make use of the full real estate. The other Messenger apps didn't quite make the transition to the iPad; lost some features; like multiple chatters or identification. I'm sure they'll get there.

I've also run across some other apps that lost something in the transition; 'LoseIt!' lost the decimal point where you enter your daily weight for example. :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts