What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for document signing app that integrates with e-mail

kendacott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are looking for an app(s) that will allow us to:
  1. Receive .pdf files into an existing exchange e-mail account.
  2. Open that file and allow the user to sign the .pdf (I have seen many apps that do this, it's the next part that is tricky)
  3. Allow the user to Reply to the original e-mail and attach that signed .pdf file back to the sender without having to have written down their address, copied the address, or choose them from the Contacts.
We have users that need to send files back to recipients without adding necessarily as a contact (could be new senders each time) or copying the address to paste it into a new e-mail.

Any suggestions or questions are welcome!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Number 3 is the problem, as you've said.

Because of the iPad's sandboxing, no mail app can access another app's files and attach them. The only other way would be to have a combination PDF/Mail app. I don't know of any.

The closest you could come to this is to provide a link to a file on a cloud site instead. Ask your recipient to download, sign, and upload the result to the same service. Many PDF apps can access the popular cloud service sites like DropBox and Box. Box, in particular, supports versioning, notifications, and other features that might help. There would still be kinks to work out, and you'd need really clear instructions for the end users.

OP
K

kendacott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

I was afraid of that. We will take a look at using possibly Dropbox or the like. Thanks for the reply!

Most reactions