What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a VNC client

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Got my Ipad 2 today. Looking to hook it up to my desktop PC for my javascript requirements ASAP. There's a ton of VNC apps out there, and I was wondering if I could get any recommendations! My requirements would be speed, ease of use, and bluetooth keyboard compatibility. Sound and printing capabilities would be sweet, but are unnecessary.

Any reviews or advice before I plunk down some coin on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Antonio

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich!

I've been using mocha VNC lite, contemplating upgrading to the premium version. It runs well, but has yet to successfully connect to my home computer from outside of my LAN. Figuring out what I'm doing wrong is step two before I invest in anything more sophisticated!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTeleport works with both Mac and PC, and the have a helper app iTeleport Connect for both.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich!

I've been using mocha VNC lite, contemplating upgrading to the premium version. It runs well, but has yet to successfully connect to my home computer from outside of my LAN. Figuring out what I'm doing wrong is step two before I invest in anything more sophisticated!
Based on the reviews of mocha VNC in the iTunes App store (all one star) the problems you're having with it are almost certainly not anything you're doing. Me? I'd delete it post haste and try one of the top rated apps.

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich!

Based on the reviews of mocha VNC in the iTunes App store (all one star) the problems you're having with it are almost certainly not anything you're doing. Me? I'd delete it post haste and try one of the top rated apps.

Lol, it was me! The necessary port was fire walled by windows. So I turned off the firewall, and this morning my gmail account was hacked into...:mad:

So, I turned the firewall on and made an exception on port 5900. The program honestly works great for what I've tried; I can't understand the hate for it on the app store...methinks a bunch of people saw "FREE," tried it out, didn't know how to work the interface and got mad.

What sort of features do the more expensive clients have that would warrant purchasing one of those instead?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts