What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a folio case that provides complete coverage. Any suggestions?

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already dented the bottom of my iPad 2 so I'm looking for a folio type case that provides full coverage. I appreciate any suggestions thanks!!!

joeinblu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Switcheasy Canvas. It has a plastic shell that coverrs the whole iPad and they even include covers for the dock connector & headset. It has great reviews & I'm very happy with mine.

Stuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a belkin folio. It covers all sided except the screen. I very happy with it

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yoobao Lively or Chinao Slim Folio. I have tried both and while I like the Yoobao, access to the dock connector was limited. Chinao is a great quality product and what I am using now.

Last edited:

iPad2Nate88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I got my iPad 2 3 days ago and have been through 5 cases already and I like only one of them the belkin elan passport! Nate

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Targus THZ044US-50

Pros:
1. The case has 2 viewing angles when in propped upright. See pics.
2. The case is black leather on the outside and blue felt on the inside. When the case is closed, it gives the iPad the appearance of a daily planner...so when I'm at work, and the iPad is on my desk, people don't even know its an iPad and they wont think I'm a showboater.
3. The case protects the bottom and top of the iPad when it is sitting prone on a desk or table. Very well protected I might add.
4. The inside like I said is felt so its very easy on the screen and have had it for 3 weeks and used extensively and not a scratch!!! (but see #2 on the Cons list).
5. The case is now on sale at BB for 39.99....normally sells for 49.99
6. Paired w/ my BT keyboard, I got my last papers completed for undergrad using nothing but the iPad, Targus cover and free Starbucks wifi.
7. The case has all the ports/buttons accessible wheather it is closed or open...you can get to the volume, lock key, mute, headphone jack, AC/DC connector, all the ports are accessible. redundant, yeah, that sentence was redundant.

Cons:
1. I've had the case 3 weeks and I just realized//figured out that I can actually use the darn thing to prop the iPad upright...dohhh!!!
2. The blue felt on the inside leaves a 'smudge' on your screen if you don't have a protective cover on it. It does not scratch the surface of the screen but leaves an ugly eye-sore on an otherwise beautiful product. I fixed that problem by applying a Zagg screen protector. Problem solved. This problem was causing me to have to wipe my iPad down every 3 or 4 days as the smudge became very unbearable.

That's it for right now, hope you find this useful...and if you have follow up questions, just hit me back.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

Attachments

• image-594873249.png
    image-594873249.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 365
  • image-1621970656.png
    image-1621970656.png
    449.5 KB · Views: 348
  • image-2915292332.png
    image-2915292332.png
    435.1 KB · Views: 334
  • image-1965698069.png
    image-1965698069.png
    601.5 KB · Views: 357
  • image-2478994397.png
    image-2478994397.png
    555.8 KB · Views: 340
  • image-3158571807.png
    image-3158571807.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 323
OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
I have the Targus THZ044US-50

Pros:
1. The case has 2 viewing angles when in propped upright. See pics.
2. The case is black leather on the outside and blue felt on the inside. When the case is closed, it gives the iPad the appearance of a daily planner...so when I'm at work, and the iPad is on my desk, people don't even know its an iPad and they wont think I'm a showboater.
3. The case protects the bottom and top of the iPad when it is sitting prone on a desk or table. Very well protected I might add.
4. The inside like I said is felt so its very easy on the screen and have had it for 3 weeks and used extensively and not a scratch!!! (but see #2 on the Cons list).
5. The case is now on sale at BB for 39.99....normally sells for 49.99
6. Paired w/ my BT keyboard, I got my last papers completed for undergrad using nothing but the iPad, Targus cover and free Starbucks wifi.
7. The case has all the ports/buttons accessible wheather it is closed or open...you can get to the volume, lock key, mute, headphone jack, AC/DC connector, all the ports are accessible. redundant, yeah, that sentence was redundant.

Cons:
1. I've had the case 3 weeks and I just realized//figured out that I can actually use the darn thing to prop the iPad upright...dohhh!!!
2. The blue felt on the inside leaves a 'smudge' on your screen if you don't have a protective cover on it. It does not scratch the surface of the screen but leaves an ugly eye-sore on an otherwise beautiful product. I fixed that problem by applying a Zagg screen protector. Problem solved. This problem was causing me to have to wipe my iPad down every 3 or 4 days as the smudge became very unbearable.

That's it for right now, hope you find this useful...and if you have follow up questions, just hit me back.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

Thanks so much! That was very helpful!!!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An alternative is the Sena Zipbook. Complete coverage (zipped folio) in an elegant leather case with a kickstand that supports the iPad or iPad2 in landscape mode.

I mention it primarily because I snagged one as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law for $12 last week. Retail is $99. That deal is no longer available but Amazon has the case for less than $20.

There are more functional cases out there, some from Sena in fact. However, for the price you're not going to find a more beautiful true leather case. My brother-in-law has an iPad 1 but I've tried the case with my iPad 2 and a Speck polycarbonate back protector and it fits perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-ZipBook-Leather-Case-Black/dp/B003LFCK8Q

Attachments

• Sena Zipbook.jpg
    Sena Zipbook.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 908

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opted for the Vaja Agenda case with custom colors. The quality is very good but the sleep function dosen't work as the leather is too thick. Keeps clicking on/off but I still like the case albeit the price.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
An alternative is the Sena Zipbook. Complete coverage (zipped folio) in an elegant leather case with a kickstand that supports the iPad or iPad2 in landscape mode.

I mention it primarily because I snagged one as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law for $12 last week. Retail is $99. That deal is no longer available but Amazon has the case for less than $20.

There are more functional cases out there, some from Sena in fact. However, for the price you're not going to find a more beautiful true leather case. My brother-in-law has an iPad 1 but I've tried the case with my iPad 2 and a Speck polycarbonate back protector and it fits perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-ZipBook-Leather-Case-Black/dp/B003LFCK8Q

This might actually be exactly what I'm looking for! If I purchase the one for the original iPad, would I be able to fit my ipad2 with it's incipio case on in it?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:

Amazon.com: Sena ZipBook Leather Case for iPad (Black): Electronics

This might actually be exactly what I'm looking for! If I purchase the one for the original iPad, would I be able to fit my ipad2 with it's incipio case on in it?

If the incipio case is simply a plastic (polycarbonate) protector for the back of the iPad 2,(i.e. the Incipio "Feather") it should work just fine. Back covers for the iPad 2 vary in thickness a bit but unless it's a very, very thick case, the Zipbook should accommodate it. Remember, it was designed to accommodate the original (thicker) iPad so the back cover actually makes the fit a bit more snug.

My iPad 2 will even fit with the back cover AND the SmartCover on but unless you're using the Zipbook solely for storage it's rather silly to have a cover over the screen while it's in the Zipbook since you'd have to remove the iPad to uncover the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts