What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London, second visit

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Judith and I had visited London in 2013, mostly to see "The Phantom of the Opera", and The Haymarket. There wasn't much time to see more of the town, so we decided to visit London for a second time, but for more than 3 days.

So the adventure started today.

Although Great Britain is not far away from Austria, it took a whole day to get to the hotel, partially also because it was a stormy day, in Vienna as well as in London, which made the departure as well as the landing quite an experience. We arrived an hour later than planned.

However, the first thing we saw when we left the Underground, was rain - and the Houses of Parliament, lit up by sunshine. :)

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting your stories and photos. I expect I'll see parts of London I never had a chance to see when I was there last year.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We only took a short walk today. Here are a few impressions:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Note: it took ten minutes to load these two pictures. I'll try to post the other two that I took as well tomorrow.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting your stories and photos. I expect I'll see parts of London I never had a chance to see when I was there last year.
What we were planning to see this time, is mostly what you've already seen last August.

An image loaded while I wrote this post, so before it disappears because of the slow Wi-Fi, I'll show it now:
image.jpg

Taken from St. James's Park.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Johanna - looking forward to your comments & pics - Susan & I have been to London twice, probably the last time when our son was in his mid-teens (he loved London) which would have been late 1980s-possibly 1990?

Both times we stayed at the May Fair Hotel (see map below - red arrow), near the Green Park Tube station, so quite convenient, BUT the locale was also next to the wonderful Berkeley Square Gardens - inspiration for the wonderful song A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (our favorite version is by Mel Torme).

OK - I'll shut up - no hijacking, but may make a few comments (if I can remember - ;)) - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 6.34.36 PM.png

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the route we went yesterday in the evening:
image.jpg

I was drawing the line with my finger, and couldn't see exactly where I was, thus the inaccuracy.

And I'll try my luck one more to post the missing image:
image.jpg

Horse Guards

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your usual great photography Johanna, just good to look at and to follow your stay there. Have a great time in London!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Andrew!
I'm sure we will enjoy our stay here. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice photos, Johanna. You've taken some nice photos of parts of London that I missed on my trip. I wish I'd thought of plotting my touring on a map. I'll have to remember to do that on my next trip.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos, Johanna! You are so making me jealous; I miss that city so much. I visited it many times when I lived in England.

Enjoy your visit and keep the pictures coming.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Construction cranes are everywhere in central London. Buildings that survived the blitz and buildings from the 50's and 60's are being demolished to build glass office towers.

Most reactions

Latest posts