What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech slim combo keyboard cover

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After procrastinating for well over a year about a keyboard case, think i will try the new Logitech Slim combo Keyboard case, It looks like all I've been looking for-well, within limits. If anyone else is trying it, please leave review here. Right now I'm using a BT keyboard with it when I want a keyboard otherwise using the screen keyboard--and I touch type, so would prefer a keyboard I would be a bit more accurate on.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I preordered one for the new 12.9 iPad Pro. I won't get the IPP for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure when the Logitech is coming but I'd like to know. If it is going to be a while I need to buy an Apple smart keyboard to hold me over. I can find a refurb on eBay for $70-$80 but why spend the money if the Logitech is shipping soon!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I preordered one for the new 12.9 iPad Pro. I won't get the IPP for a couple of weeks and I'm not sure when the Logitech is coming but I'd like to know. If it is going to be a while I need to buy an Apple smart keyboard to hold me over. I can find a refurb on eBay for $70-$80 but why spend the money if the Logitech is shipping soon!
Most online retailers ship with tracking. As soon as your keyboard ships you should get a tracking number.

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my Logitech Slimcombo case in 2 days from Apple. I came here really to update that my search for the keyboard cover for my 12.9 Pro has ended and saw this thread. It works exactly as I wanted--in fact I am typing on it in my lap. I fold under the front wrist protection in front of the keyboard as they suggest and it works great in my lap--and of course on a table or desk. It works good as a closed case too as you would expect. I have waited for a year and a half to find the right one but when I saw it, saw a video on Logitech's site, etc--ordered it from Apple right away and it was in stock and shipped free. It does have a loop for the Pencil and I'll probably use it some but I store the Pencil in a case with a place for the tips, the camera CC dongle, etc. All in all--the Logitech is almost perfect with backlit keys, protection for the back (you have to buy the silicone back for the Apple cover) and really easy connection--or unconnection. A definite recommendation.

Should say for clarity--watched WWDC, saw the new Ipads and wondered about accessories and went to Apple store when it opened--and saw the case in stock then-so ordered the next day after doing a bit more research--so you should expect it immediately.

Last edited:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got my Logitech Slimcombo case in 2 days from Apple. I came here really to update that my search for the keyboard cover for my 12.9 Pro has ended and saw this thread. It works exactly as I wanted--in fact I am typing on it in my lap. I fold under the front wrist protection in front of the keyboard as they suggest and it works great in my lap--and of course on a table or desk. It works good as a closed case too as you would expect. I have waited for a year and a half to find the right one but when I saw it, saw a video on Logitech's site, etc--ordered it from Apple right away and it was in stock and shipped free. It does have a loop for the Pencil and I'll probably use it some but I store the Pencil in a case with a place for the tips, the camera CC dongle, etc. All in all--the Logitech is almost perfect with backlit keys, protection for the back (you have to buy the silicone back for the Apple cover) and really easy connection--or unconnection. A definite recommendation.

Should say for clarity--watched WWDC, saw the new Ipads and wondered about accessories and went to Apple store when it opened--and saw the case in stock then-so ordered the next day after doing a bit more research--so you should expect it immediately.

Thanks for the update. I wish I had thought to check Apple's site before ordering from Logitech since Logitech must be out of stock. When you click Add to Cart and choose the iPad model it changes from Buy Now to Preorder. So that's why I really have no idea when I'm getting mine.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I wish I had thought to check Apple's site before ordering from Logitech since Logitech must be out of stock. When you click Add to Cart and choose the iPad model it changes from Buy Now to Preorder. So that's why I really have no idea when I'm getting mine.
If it's still listed as a preorder could you cancel the order and order a Smart Keyboard from Apple instead?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'm very exited about this case and about my new IPP 12.9 coming. I had the original and tried several keyboard/cases and was never satisfied. Glad to hear this one is working well in your lap as this is how I'll use it quite often in the evenings.

Does the case have auto on/off for the IPP? Also does the pencil fit securely in the holder?

Thanks for the mini review as this sounds like the best option so far!

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wanted to be sure everyone knew that I ordered my Logitech Slim Combo cover from the Apple store and had it in 2 days. It sort of completes my 12.9. I've had the Pro for nearly year and a half and have used a BT keyboard with it some, onscreen keyboard too since its good size on the 12.9. I hesitated on the Apple keyboard case (plus having to buy the silicone back in addition) since I had read of some issues with the Apple keyboard. I can only say I've had it since Friday but very happy with it-one reason besides the very nice keyboard is that you can set it at about any angle with the kickstand.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wanted to be sure everyone knew that I ordered my Logitech Slim Combo cover from the Apple store and had it in 2 days. It sort of completes my 12.9. I've had the Pro for nearly year and a half and have used a BT keyboard with it some, onscreen keyboard too since its good size on the 12.9. I hesitated on the Apple keyboard case (plus having to buy the silicone back in addition) since I had read of some issues with the Apple keyboard. I can only say I've had it since Friday but very happy with it-one reason besides the very nice keyboard is that you can set it at about any angle with the kickstand.

Can the keyboard flip back under the tablet like the Apple keyboard and the Surface Pro keyboard or do you need to take it off if you just want the keyboard out of the way?

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wrist support flips back under on the 12.9" cover but if you want the Ipad only, you need to take the keyboard off. I do it when I'm just reading--its easy and easy to put back on. I particularly like the kickstand on the Ipad back--which means you can set it at about any angle.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wrist support flips back under on the 12.9" cover but if you want the Ipad only, you need to take the keyboard off. I do it when I'm just reading--its easy and easy to put back on. I particularly like the kickstand on the Ipad back--which means you can set it at about any angle.

Sorry I never answered my own question as I bought the case and love it! This is the only case I’m using and I don’t see myself getting another case period! I always have 5-7 cases for all my tablets but this time I’ll save a lot of money because of this case!

Most reactions

Latest posts