What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Log out of hotmail?

BM58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked at the Internet for answers. I cannot find the logout button. Any ideas?
thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are talking about accessing your Hotmail account through the iPad's Mail app (you've set it up in the Settings app "Mail, Contact, Calendars" tab), then there is no logging out. As long as that account is set up on the iPad, it will be active.

The only way to sign out (from the Mail app) is to delete that e-mail account from with that tab in the Settings app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
B

BM58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
If you are talking about accessing your Hotmail account through the iPad's Mail app (you've set it up in the Settings app "Mail, Contact, Calendars" tab), then there is no logging out. As long as that account is set up on the iPad, it will be active.

The only way to sign out (from the Mail app) is to delete that e-mail account from with that tab in the Settings app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Wow, that's not such a great thing. How do we set up hotmail normally? Is it safe to use hotmail like I presently have it?
Scary to say the least.
Thanks for your help

OP
B

BM58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to the settings, email, and shut it off there, and also deleted it. Would it work by just turning the email switch off?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if turning the switch to OFF works (have never tried it). But - I don't see why you can't give it a shot.

What I don't understand is why you'd want to turn the account off or logout? Using the iPad for e-mail is one of the more convenient ways to manage e-mail. Having it off or deleted removes that convenience.

I'm just wondering - I know that everyone does things differently...

Marilyn

OP
B

BM58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I don't know if turning the switch to OFF works (have never tried it). But - I don't see why you can't give it a shot.

What I don't understand is why you'd want to turn the account off or logout? Using the iPad for e-mail is one of the more convenient ways to manage e-mail. Having it off or deleted removes that convenience.

I'm just wondering - I know that everyone does things differently...

Marilyn

I was wondering the same? If one does not log out is it safe? I understand that Apple is a lot safer than microsoft

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm not understanding your use of the word "safe"? What are you worried about (as in, from what are you trying to protect yourself and your iPad)? Why do you want to log out of your Hotmail account?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The main reason for logging out of an account is so that no one else can pick up your device and get to your email. Other than this there is no increased security risk to remaining logged in.

If you are the only user of the iPad, then using the passcode lock feature should be enough.

If your iPad gets used by several people and you want to protect your email from then you will have to get a third party mail app, or use the webmail site through Safari; remembering to sign out when done each time.

OP
B

BM58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The main reason for logging out of an account is so that no one else can pick up your device and get to your email. Other than this there is no increased security risk to remaining logged in.

If you are the only user of the iPad, then using the passcode lock feature should be enough.

If your iPad gets used by several people and you want to protect your email from then you will have to get a third party mail app, or use the webmail site through Safari; remembering to sign out when done each time.

Thanks. Basically worried about hacking and security.

Most reactions

Latest posts