What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Local website/wiki on iPad?

ianeck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Just received my course notes as a web site on a CD. Can I get this on my iPad? I can simply copy it to my W7 PC and onto an SD card which works on my Android Tablet but how on earth do I get it to my iPad via the dreaded iTunes? I can print the main pages to pdf docs and add then to iBooks but this defeats the convenience of the web/wiki presentation and it is impossible to print every link.

Many thanks,

Ian

OP
I

ianeck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right. Found a browser with shared folder support. Made a mirror of my course without any sub directories (shared folders don't seem to support sub directories??). Commenced to copy the site (bit by bit) into shared folders but half way through iTunes ran out of memory (site is 300Mb). Is there any way of getting files on to my iPad without iTunes - it drives me mad.

The bit of the course I managed to get onto the iPad works.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might search the web for tiddlywiki, it has some plugins for iDevices.

Tiddlywiki is a single HTML file (includes HTML, CSS, and JavaScript) that acts as a wiki. It's very portable and easy to share with others due to it being a single file. You can even upload the file to a server and use it from any web browser.

Most reactions